[Proj] "Double Ellipsoid" error, reproduction

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 12:09:41 EST 2008

On Sunday 07 December 2008 11:30:09 am Noel Zinn wrote:
> Gerald,
> (theoretically) without empirical error.  Except - and this is my objection
> in this thread heretofore - except when the ellipsoid is changed and a
> datum transformation is implicitly coupled with a map conversion.

I concur and that is where I am also having the most problem.  I have always
viewed map conversions and datums as completely different entities.  This
goes back to the early days of several of the programs that tightly bound the
projections with the datum process and my pleas to more clearly separate the
processes were pretty much ignored.

Alas.  :-(