[Proj] "Double Ellipsoid" error, reproduction

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 22:43:25 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> This is why I believe it was suggested we should be able (potentially)
> to use different ellipsoid values for the projection calculations and
> for the datum shift.

Which seems like it would solve all the problems (at least the
technical problems) discussed thus far in this thread. But there is no
way to do this in the existing implementation of cs2cs - please
correct me if I am wrong. I've not seen software that allows different
ellipsoids for the projection and datum. Does such software exist?
Frank - is this something that you would contemplate adding to cs2cs?

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com