[Proj] proj-4.6.0 and BETA2007.gsb

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at dspsolutions.de
Wed Jan 23 11:49:18 EST 2008

Hi Frank,

looks like this mail died in the mail filter because it was to big. Thus
once again without the BETA2007 file:

> Presumably the +datum=potsdam is embedded in "strProj" from the
> exportToProj4()
> result.  The issue is that exportToProj4() produces default information
> for the Potsdam datum which you want to override with the BETA2007.gsb
> grid file.  To do so you have to add the +nadgrids, and strip
> +datum=potsdam
> out of the string returned by exportToProj4.

No, it's not that simple.  I have attached a small C file.  I compile it
with:

gcc testpro.c -L/usr/lib64 -lproj -otestpro

On the machine with the Proj4-4.6 version this will output (bad):

4487992.480929,5421613.273181

On the machine with the Proj4-4.5 version this will output (good):

4488097.842111,5421724.742397

The BETA2007 file you get here.

http://crs.bkg.bund.de/crseu/crs/descrtrans/BeTA/de_dhdn2etrs_beta.php

Thanks for help