[Proj] how to convert between long-lat-depth coordinates to Cartisian coordinates

Mohamed Mohamed enxmabm at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 03:42:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am new user of Proj.

I need to convert data from longitudinal,latitudes and depth coordinates
to the Cartesian Coordinates. My data downloaded from USGS site with the
following feature

The horizontal datum used is North American Datum of 1983.

The ellipsoid used is Geodetic Reference System 80.

The semi-major axis of the ellipsoid used is 6378137.000000.

The flattening of the ellipsoid used is 1/298.257222.

Also I have anther data mainly in North Africa, Egypt, lake Manzala
(31.75 - 32.25 E longitudinal and 31.00 - 31.5 N latitudes) and the
datum is WGS 84. this time I have the Cartesian coordinate and I need to
convert the data to the Longitudinal latitudes and depth coordinate.

what is the command to use?

thanks for help.

M A  Bek

malibec2005 at yahoo.com