[Proj] RE: Distance measured in Mercator projection

strebe strebe at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 16:09:33 EDT 2008

(laugh!) Apologies for getting distracted. I meant to look it up but then forgot I hadn't. Thanks, Cliff.

Regards,
-- daan Strebe

From:   "Clifford J Mugnier" <cjmce at lsu.edu>
Subject:    RE: [Proj] Re: Distance measured in Mercator projection
Date:   July 16, 2008 11:44:02 AM PDT
To: "PROJ.4 and general Projections Discussions" <proj at lists.maptools.org>
I'd suggest something other than zero for the eccentricity of the WGS84 ellipsoid.  Say, e squared being 0.00669437999013, more or less ...

Cliff Mugnier
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY