[Proj] Gauss-Schreiber: the continuing story

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Thu Jun 26 14:55:23 EDT 2008

Some other person, and a different century.  The projection was cooked up by Laborde, a French Army Officer that later retired and taught mathematical cartography and geodesy in Paris.  When he retired, he was a General officer.  Traite des Projections was co-authored by him and Driencourt in 1934 or 1936 in two volumes published in Paris.  Long out of print, it was only one edition and in French only.

I have no idea if they were related ... curious coincidence if not.

Cliff Mugnier
LSU