[Proj] Re: Transverse Mercator algorithm with good accuracy/speed trade-off?

Thomas Knudsen knudsen.thomas at gmail.com
Sat May 24 21:44:18 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-24, Daan Strebe wrote:

> You might investigate the series development of Karsten Engsager,
> which is quite efficient and covers most of the globe with a
> manageable number of terms. Dr. Engsager is with the Geodetic
> Division of KMS, Denmark.

Dr. Engsager's implementation is available under a very permissive
licence (it can certainly be included in the proj library without any
legal problems). Let me know if anyone is interested, and I'll make
sure to get the (fairly brief) C code distributed as soon as possible.

Thomas Knudsen, Reference Networks Division, KMS,
Copenhagen Denmark