[Proj] Problem overlaying georeferenced images in Google, Maps(projection problem!)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 19:25:16 EDT 2008

Frank wrote:
> I haven't followed this issue closely, but please be
> sure you are aware of:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/FAQ#ChangingEllipsoidWhycantIconvertfromWGS84toVirtualEarthMercator

ah, ok. I happened to be looking at this problem yesterday WRT OpenStreetMap's PostgreSQL exporter -m flag (->Mapnik):
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/utils/export/osm2pgsql/reprojection.c#L14

One thing I don't understand in that is what the "+over" term is for.
It is new to me.

Also, Jorge- is that 3785 EPSG term for Google's merc a new official EPSG one or a custom thing? if a custom thing maybe it is better to stick with
<900913> "Chris' funny epsgish code for the google mercator"
(from /usr/share/proj/esri.extra)
?

Hamish