[Proj] International 1924 Authalic Sphere needed for EASE-GridSnow data

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:27:03 EST 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008 11:22:34 am OvV_HN wrote:
> [...]

To get the "Authalic" or radius of sphere with equivalent surface area in
libproj use R_A option as in this lproj example:

gie at charon:~/CARTO/libproj4/src$ lproj +proj=tmerc +ellps=clrk66 +R_A -V
#Transverse Mercator
#       Cyl, Sph&Ell
# +proj=tmerc +ellps=clrk66 +R_A
#Final Earth figure: sphere