[Proj] NAD27 and WGS84 woes

Michal Migurski mike at stamen.com
Fri Nov 21 17:22:27 EST 2008

On Nov 21, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Michal Migurski wrote:

> Frustrating, I don't know. I'm reading the FAQ's on datum shift
> files - FWIW, I'm using PROJ on a debian server where I've simply
> installed it all via Apt. I didn't build/install myself. Does the
> fact that my explicitly-given +towgs84 arguments have no effect mean
> anything here? Wouldn't those be replacements for missing grid shift
> files?

I should add that I have the following files on my system:
	/usr/share/proj/nad.lst
	/usr/share/proj/nad83
	/usr/share/proj/esri.extra
	/usr/share/proj/proj_def.dat
	/usr/share/proj/epsg /usr/share/proj/other.extra
	/usr/share/proj/esri /usr/share/proj/nad27
	/usr/share/proj/GL27
	/usr/share/proj/world

Would those be the conus files mentioned at http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/FAQ
  ? Nothing else in /usr seems to fit.