[Proj] Google Earth Accuracy

Ethan Alpert ealpert at digitalglobe.com
Sun Nov 30 09:46:47 EST 2008

How come no ones questioning the accuracy of the sensors that collected
the imagery in Google Maps? I happen to know that satellite imagery is
not very accurate unless you have decent ground control and a DEM. Even
then it's not that great. It seems pointless to try to determine
accuracy in Google Maps unless you understand where the imagery came
from and how it was produced.

-e