[Proj] proj.4 BNF

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Mon Oct 20 23:05:41 EDT 2008

The problem using + alone as a staement separator is obvious,
since it can be mixed with positive number sign. One way is to forbid
to use "+" as a positive number sgn. But then it would trop all
future expressions also. Maybe best is to agree, that if "+" is
used as statement separator (and continuation mark) it should
be preceded by <SEP>, which is usually the case.

So it would be more like:

<SEP> ::= (<SPACE>  | <TAB> | <EOL>) {<SEP>}

<continuation> ::= <SEP> "+"

That would require some white space before + and would make it
most clear?

----

Janne.