[Proj] SGS85 and WGS84

OvV_HN ovv at hetnet.nl
Mon Sep 15 14:24:35 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Oberholtzer" <roger at opq.se>
To: "PROJ.4 and general Projections Discussions" <proj at lists.maptools.org>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 4:37 PM
Subject: [Proj] SGS85 and WGS84

> It is a little unclear from the docs (to me, but I am thick). At this
> time, my user is unclear about exact requirements. I suspect that I will
> need to convert from WGS84 to SRS85.

Ha! That would be interesting, to get to know something about a piece of
Russian (Glonass) technology!
But also read a paper by V.B. Nepoklonov about obtaining geodetic earth
parameters.
I found a copy at
ftp://ftp.credo-dialogue.com/Publication/n1_2007/A24_7_16.pdf
See Table 2 on page 7 for some WGS84 - PZ90 (almost the same as SGS85)
transformation parameters.
See also reference 7 (Mirsa, Abbot) in this paper; can't find a (free)
on-line copy.
Mirsa P.N., Abbot R.I. SGS85-WGS84 Transformation // Manuscripta Geodaetica.
1994. Vol. 19.

Oscar van Vlijmen