[Proj] A bit slow mail server....

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:19:41 EDT 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008 2:50:46 am Andrey Kiselev wrote:

> > > Whether you receive copies of your own posts is determined by your
> > > mailman preferences; follow the link in the message footer to change
> > > them.
> >
> > I went through the hassle some time ago and never resolved it.
> > Returns are enabled at the list but either gmail or Kontact throw them
> > away if they are sent.  Dunno if it is proj.4 mailer, gmail or kontact
> > to blame.
>
> It could be the a well known feature of GMail:
>
>  http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en-ch&answer=6588
>
> Best regards,
> Andrey

That is probably it.

It is hard to find a mail system that doesn't get in the way in some manner.
I will complement gmail to the extent that I feel they do a reasonable job on
junk mail and I rarely have to rescue a piece from the pile.

But on the down side, they have recently made "bulk" deletion of mail almost
impossible.

Thanks for the info.