[Proj] Libproj4 manual opinion poll

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Mon Sep 29 13:34:56 EDT 2008

Normal Mercator can indeed have "2 standard parallels," but they are always symmetric about the Equator.  I have done one that is legally recognized in Ecuador for the city of Guayaquil to cover a larger area of interest outside of the old city limits (for the greater Metro area), with minimal scale distortion.  It is simply done by having a scale factor at origin less than 1.0 at the Equator.

Watch your blood pressure.

C. Mugnier
Louisiana State University