[Proj] Libproj4 manual opinion poll

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:24:08 EDT 2008

I did forget one other important thing that was dropped from proj in going to
libproj4; the reference to a secondary source of file of files of projection
definitions.

That was a data base operation and did not belong as part of the basic
projection operation.  Besides it was a neverending headache with users
installing proj on other systems and not setting up the external global
stuff.  I got more "calls" on that problem than anything else.

The +no_defs option has absolutely no meaning.  *ALL* specification
information comes through the initialization array of proj_init or the
runline of lproj.  I can't remember what the reference of external data file
material was.