[Proj] Terminology: what should I call 60 nautical miles?

strebe at aol.com strebe at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 15:02:03 EST 2009

Your original instinct seems correct: one degree of arc. That is, after all, the entire reason you are interested in 60 nautical miles, is it not? Because it equates to a degree of arc on the spherical model? If you apply some other terminology to it then you have destroyed the reason for the unit. Or have I missed some other significance?

Regards,
— daan Strebe