[Proj] Projections API Reference

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 18:14:08 EST 2009

On Friday 13 February 2009 1:50:02 pm Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> With some contributions from Markus I have started writing up more detailed
> reference docs for the PROJ.4 API at:
>
>    http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/ProjAPI
>
> This is intended to supercede the pj_init(3) man page which was quite
> incomplete.  Extensions and improvements are welcome.
>
> Best regards,

I notice that one of the things you completely throw away is the flexibility
associated with using structures to define geographic and Cartesian
coordinates.

Although, original proj and current libproj4 simply define LP as struct
{double lam, phi} my usage of LP was expanded to include h.  By using
stuctures, applications can adopt updates much more simply.  Similarly, XY
simply goes to XYZ.  One can also associate ellipoid with the structure.

And for shame, you a C++ programmer an all should know better.

There is more to criticise but I don't think it is worth the effor.