[Proj] How to transform between NAD83 HARN/HPGN and WGS84

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Thu Feb 19 13:25:45 EST 2009

Aaron,

When you say NAD83 HARN are you using Colorado State Plane Coordinates?
Or are you dealing with lat/long values?

I don't think there isn't a huge difference between NAD83 and WGS84, but
I'd think Proj would have a conversion between the two.

If you are dealing with state plane coordinates a local surveyor can
probably point you to the conversion formulas that you need. Or you
might check with the state land surveying association in Colorado.

If you get stuck, let me know. I can bounce a message off a couple of
land surveying message boards with Colorado Surveyors listening.

Landon
Office Phone Number: (209) 946-0268
Cell Phone Number: (209) 992-0658