[Proj] Ellipsoid data sources

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:35:58 EST 2009

An aside to this issue: the NIMA pdf Janne ref'ed on local geodetic systems
notes "ID codes" with it appendix of ellipoid tables.  For example: WGS 84
was code "WE".

Reference may be in the pdf but I could not locate it.  It just refers
to "standardized two letter code."

Does anyone know where and who is responsible for these codes?