[Proj] Finding PROJ_LIB from application

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jan 15 13:28:54 EST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Roger Bivand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way to query the system for the path to lib - effectively the
>> path value in sysname in pj_open_lib.c, line 184? From inside R, I'd like
>> to be able to show which path is being used.
>
> Roger,
>
> No, I do not believe there is any way to to do this.  You can set the
> PROJ_DEBUG environment variable (to any value) to see some debug output
> to stderr when pj_open_lib() tries to open files but I don't imagine that
> gives what you want.

No, not really. Given that pj_open_lib() tries to autodetect, I'd like to
report where it is looking for users with possibly multiple installations.

This is connected to very preliminary work trying to see how rgdal might
fit into OSGeo4W, and problems William Kyngesburye has been having with
the OSX build (where I've been distributing the source with little-endian
built NAD files, but where his framework has the right-endian ones for
PPC).

Since pj_open_lib() gives me a FILE *, maybe I can retrieve the path from
that (though I don't think so)?

Best wishes,

Roger

--