[Proj] Finding PROJ_LIB from application

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 15 14:16:17 EST 2009

Roger Bivand wrote:
> Nope, not a chance. Would you accept a patch (same as pj_open_lib() but
> returning the full path and closing fid)?

Roger,

I'm somewhat dubious about the utility of this capability. But if you
were to offer a patch, I would suggest we add a new function called
pj_find_lib() that returns the full path given a filename.  Most of
pj_open_lib() would be migrated into that, and then pj_open_lib()
would use it.

I suppose if we are using fopen() to discover files, this will result
in an extra unnecessary file opening and closing which might suck.  I
suppose pj_find_lib() could also return the file handle, and pj_open_lib
would become a very minimal wrapper around it to preserve the old api.

What I am not likely to accept is a change to the pj_open_lib() ABI.