[Proj] Swiss Grid Systems

Irwin Scollar al001 at uni-koeln.de
Sun Jul 12 03:29:19 EST 2009

Swiss Grid Systems

May I suggest that interested participants in this discussion thread open:

http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/en/home/apps/calc.html

and on the documentation entry on the right click on Reference system
CH as well as on the Transformation CH1903<->WGS84  for the official
version dated 19.11.2008?

They are available in English, German and French.

For those requiring higher accuracy for non-GIS geodetic
purposes,  browse through the superb pages of the Swisstopo site for
the finest documentation I have seen anywhere.

http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/en/home.html

The NTv2 grid data is available in the topic Transformation data and
formulae CHENyx06 of March 2007. See for example

http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/de/home/products/downloads/software.html
for much more.

Irwin Scollar