[Proj] NADCON, et al.

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Jun 13 15:11:57 EST 2009

Gerald I. Evenden wrote:

> The following is something that should work on Linux and probably BSD, Unix
> but I have *no idea* if it will work on any of the Microsoft compilers.  If
> anyone is so inclined could you compile and test the following.

MSVC doesn't have readdir().

MinGW has readdir(), but the d_type field isn't present.

POSIX only specifies d_name; d_type originates from BSD, and isn't
generally found on SysV-derived Unices. Even on Linux, only some
filesystems support it.

If you want better portability at the expense of performance, use
stat() rather than the d_type field.