[Proj] Notes and Comments on the Composition of Terrestrial and Celestial Maps

Karney, Charles ckarney at Sarnoff.com
Sun Nov 15 14:38:18 EST 2009

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/187195960 says there's a copy in the
National Library of Sweden

abebooks.com as a 2nd-hand copy for sale for $90

Princeton University (catalog.princeton.edu) lists two copies of this
book.

A reprint of the original German text is available online at
  http://name.umdl.umich.edu/ABR2581.0001.001

--
Charles Karney <ckarney at sarnoff.com>
Sarnoff Corporation, Princeton, NJ 08543-5300

Tel: +1 609 734 2312
Fax: +1 609 734 2662
From: Paul B. Anderson [pbander at cavtel.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 13:22
To: Karney, Charles; PROJ.4 and general Projections Discussions
Subject: Re: [Proj] Mémoire sur la représentation des surfaces et les projections des cartes (Auguste Tissot, 1881)

- Charles,

Thanks for the Google books trick! I'll use it from now on.

One of the books in my personal library is:
J. H. Lambert's 'Notes and Comments on the Composition of Terrestrial and
Celestial Maps',
Translated and Introduced by Waldo R. Tobler, 1972

Published by the University of Michigan,
Department of Geography
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104

Dr. Tobler gave me the copy I have, and I have no idea where one could find
another.