[Proj] lat/long format question

Roger Oberholtzer roger at opq.se
Fri Oct 30 09:59:14 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 13:13 +0100, OvV_HN wrote:
> [...]

Of course I did this. I should have pointed out that I am doing this
from the C API. So, I send floating point numbers to pj_transform().
None of the various markups allowed on text input apply at this point.

I can of course change the representation before calling pj_transform().
And I expect this will be the method I wind up using. But in my code,
and for simplicity and consistency, a low-level solution is best. So, I
am just curious if pj_transform() can be told to expect dd.dddd or
ddmm.mmmm. Perhaps as an option to pj_init_plus() along the line of
"+proj=latlong".

I am trying to sort out my options. It would be bad if I re-did
something pj_transform() can already do. So, I am just checking first.

To be honest, I would not think pj_transform() should do this. It would
make most sense if it expected one representation, and left any fiddling
to the caller.

But I had to ask. The list has been too quite :)

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB