[Proj] NADCON spec

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Wed Sep 9 10:12:54 EST 2009

As far as I know the format is not documented.  NADCON uses two input files per datum adjustment (las / los).  Reportedly a utility program, NADGRD, will convert between an ASCII and the binary representation of the grid files.  So, that might be the route to take.  There's some documentation on the ASCII format on ESRI's website:

http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/index.cfm?TopicName=Grid-based_methods

The FORTRAN source code could also be consulted.
http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/PC_PROD/NADCON/
--

Eric G. Miller
Staff Programmer