[Proj] Point Scale factor service

Noel Zinn ndzinn at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 09:16:38 EST 2010

Someone more knowledgeable than I in proj4 will have to comment on your
syntax.  My point is that if WGS84 ellipsoidal coordinates are used with
spherical Mercator formulas as Google are doing (a=b=6378137), then the
result is a non-conformal projection (point scale factor not the same in all
directions).  If you plan to use scale factors, you need to compensate for
azimuth.  The scale factors (as functions of azimuth) have been quantified
in EPSG Guidance Note 7-2 (www.epsg.org).  -Noel