[Proj] cs2cs's +towgs84 usage

strebe strebe at aol.com
Fri Apr 23 13:47:11 EST 2010

On Apr 23, 2010, at 2:37:28 AM, "Mikael Rittri" <Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com> wrote:

The terms "left-handed" and "right-handed" are
just as bad.
Are they? Those terms are standard in mathematics, where "Position Vector Transformation" and "Coordinate Frame Rotation" are unknown. There is no ambiguity in their meaning or usage.

(Not that I would advocate using the terminology in this context, since EPSG's terminology is Position Vector Transformation versus Coordinate Frame Rotation. But at least it is not arbitrary like "American" versus "European".)

Regards,
— daan Strebe