[Proj] quoting +nadgrids ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 22:26:52 EST 2010

Hamish wrote:
> """
> So when this string is passed as a CRS to cs2cs it only
> reads as far as the "C:\Program" part for the grid file and
> all goes downhill fast from there.
> """

Yes, that's what it started out as, but cs2cs was fixed with Glynn's
suggestion:

replacing:
   IN_PROJ=`g.proj -j`

with:
   IN_PROJ=`g.proj -j | (
       IN_PROJ=
       while read line ; do
           IN_PROJ="$IN_PROJ '$line'"
       done
       echo "$IN_PROJ"
   )`

after applying that, and audit showed that is was also a problem for
gdalwarp, but in that case there was no work around as it only takes
a single (quoted) argument for the entire +proj string, with no way
to quote individual terms within it. cs2cs takes a series of arguments
each of which can be individually quoted.

[there was also a bug fix by Paul, but that's tangential]

> He didn't say anything about the shell, but I assumed
> there'd be one if cs2cs was being used.

fwiw this is being done within a bourne shell script, run on MS-Windows
using MinGW's MSys build of the GNU unix powertools.

But the gdalwarp problem transcends shell and OS.

regards,
Hamish