[Proj] quoting +nadgrids ?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Aug 26 11:13:53 EST 2010

Greg Troxel wrote:

> Normally I'm in the "people should learn not to use spaces in file
> names" camp.

However, we want GRASS to work on Windows, and not having spaces in
pathnames may require Administrator privileges (normal users may be
unable to create files outside of the "Documents and Settings" and/or
"Program Files" directories).

Also, in complex, networked environments, using non-standard
directories may require investing substantial effort in both impact
analysis and actual implementation. Which may well translate to "if
you can't make this software use the standard directories, you can't
use it".