[Proj] Trouble integrating Proj4 into application

nicolas david ericnico.david at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 14:17:22 EST 2010

Hi

I've done quite same thing recently ( debian and ubuntu) and don't have any
specific problems.
a) you have to take care when including proj4 files, because it's an ANSI C
library and not a C++ lib. So, within a C++ project you have to use
proj_api.h.
b) Concerning ENV variable. I know two of them and one is needed in order to
find data file.
PROJ_LIB : path to your proj data file ( nad, epsg etc..)
PROJ_DEBUG : if set to 1 make proj4 more verbose.

Hope it's helpful.

Nicolas David