[Proj] +axis switch to control axis orientation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 9 10:45:49 EST 2010

support.mn at elisanet.fi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am only worried that the new development in proj4 is lost due
> to some formal detail?
>
> At least if someone could make a document about the new features
> and how to use them? That would be nice. There are many newcomers
> that need last time information about the proj4 development.

Janne,

I'm a bit lost with regard to what you want.  It is my intention to document
the +axis at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/GenParms

 > New features could be separated using new names with improved functions
 > so that old compilations would continue to be as they were?

The +axis feature should have no impact on those using the library who do
not incorporate +axis into their coordinate system descriptions.

Perhaps you can explain a bit more if this does not satisfy your needs?