[Proj] +axis switch to control axis orientation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 10 10:31:55 EST 2010

support.mn at elisanet.fi wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I'm a bit lost with regard to what you want.  It is my intention to document
>> the +axis at:
>>
>>    http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/GenParms
>>

> Ok, I was thinking those proj4 standard documents in pdf format. Somebody
> should add somthing to those? But if it is already on a web page it should be
> simple to take a pdf print out. There is a need for a complete single document
> (or set of documents) that cover all (also the latest) details. Just add a pdf (print
> out) to those there are?
>
> I would edit a complete proj4 single pdf document out of those there are and
> update it regulary as new versions come out. Now the documentation is here
> and there split all over the world.. not a very user friendly approach? (Given
> enough time)

Janne,

The problem is that the original documents are not available in
an updatable form, and no one has stepped forward to prepare new
comprehensive documentation.  I don't have the time or creativity
to do so.

My inclination is to continue adding material in the Trac web
pages as time permits.  I am not particularly enthusiastic of big
pdf documents for software systems.

I will certainly agree that the PROJ.4 documentation is not in a unified
form any more, and that this is unfortunate.