[Proj] EPSG Code of Google at spatialreference.org

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Wed Nov 3 04:43:49 EST 2010

Here's another link that provides the mathematics of the Web Mercator
projection used by Google and Microsoft.  Unlike the Spherical Mercator and
the Ellipsoidal Mercator (which are conformal), the Web Mercator is
non-conformal.  Scale factor formulas are given to document this fact.

http://www.hydrometronics.com/downloads/Web%20Mercator%20-%20Non-Conformal,%20Non-Mercator%20(notes).pdf

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)