[Proj] How to convert a sphere to ellipsoid with correct datum?

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Mon Sep 6 08:04:53 EST 2010

Hello,

The datum shift (towgs84...) is exactly what you need to fix most of the
common errors found in most local mapping datums. It can fix x-y-z-shif,
x-y-z-rotation and scale (7 parameter version). If you need more
adjustment, you have to add some polynomial fitting function
somewhere between the input and output.

There are methods to find those parameters when given some
data to be fixed. 60 m should not be any problem.

If that was not the question I answered it anyway.

Janne.