[Proj] Dutch correction grid

molnar at sas.elte.hu molnar at sas.elte.hu
Sat Apr 9 08:25:45 EST 2011

Dear Jan,

> I see. So this would be a floating point grid with two bands, the first
> for the x (lon) offset, the second for the y (lat) offset. All
> measurements in arcseconds.

I can share my experiences creating a grid shift binary (gsb) file for
Hungary (between "Hungarian Datum 1972 (HD72)" and WGS84). As NTv2
standard was invented on the Western Hemisphere, some parameters might
seem strange for those, who learned geodesy east from Greenwich.
1: You should create a four column table. First and second columns should
be the latitude and longitude shift on the first datum grid points,
starting from the bottom right (!) corner of the grid in westward
direction.
Third and fourth column should be the standard deviation of the latitude
and longitude shift value
2: As longitude grows westward for the standard, longitude shifts should
be opposite sign as calculated (not lon(2nd datum)-lon(1st datum) but the
opposit).
3: the delimitation character for this table in ascii format should not be
'tab' but 'white space'. (At least it worked for me...)
4: you should add an ascii header and a one line footer to your table. The
header should you like this: (see my comments after # signs)

NUM_OREC 11
NUM_SREC 11
NUM_FILE  1
GS_TYPE SECONDS