[Proj] Which Coordinate system/Projection should i assign to shapefile ?

Mustafa646 noorcs22 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 03:50:37 EST 2011

hello all,

I digitize a tiff image file in Map Window. I assign three Lat-lon points
based on wgs84 to this tiff image before digitizing. The sample points are
(59.350067,18.208219), These are lat-lon points of Lidingö Area in sweden.
After completing the digitizing, i get to know that there is no projection
defined to my newly generated shapefile. Then i assign following projection
to shapefile by using Map Window GIS tools-> assign projection to
shapefiles.

Category: Geographic Coordinate System
Group: World
Name: WGS1984

WGS 1984 (+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs )

Actually i want to display this shapefile over Google map, but when i tried
to display it over Google map, it displayed on wrong place in ocean
somewhere, So, where i am wrong ? How can i fix it ? Please give some useful
suggestion.