[Proj] How to change Layer's Native Projection

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 11 16:40:00 EST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Mustafa646 <noorcs22 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't want to change it using third party tool like ogr2ogr. I want to
> change it using Proj4 js library. How i do this ?

Hi,

I'm afraid I missed the "js" part of the above when
replying last time.  My answer was around the C version
of PROJ.4, not the JavaScript version.  The JavaScript
version also does not have built-in shapefile support and
I'm not sure how you would go about reading and writing
shapefiles in JavaScript.

I do believe that Proj4JS does not use init files so you
might need to provide the full parameters for the
coordinate systems in question.  For EPSG:3008 that
might look something like:

+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=13.5 +k=1 +x_0=150000 +y_0=0 +ellps=GRS80

Take my javascript advice with a grain of salt.