[Proj] Projection advice

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 13:28:44 EST 2011

GPS, too?  Anyway, I take your response as an affirmative (i.e. scale
accounted for).  Nevertheless, I'd advise sticking with local (and
disposable) projections, e.g. an oblique stereographic centered in your
(small) work area with (probably) a scale of unity at the center.  The
"best" wide-area projection may not be good enough for some (or many) work
areas.  -Noel

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)