[Proj] Build fails on Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 22 17:00:13 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Michael Speth
<spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz> wrote:
> Hello,
>   Why is proj.4 being compiled with a C++ compiler?  Variable length
> arrays are valid C language constructs but are not in C++.  So does
> proj.4 need to be both C and C++ compiler compliant?

Michael,

This will need to be corrected before we release.  I endevour
to have PROJ.4 and related projects compilable with a wide
variety of compilers.  If you are willing to do it, great.  If not
I'll try and/or disable healpix.

With libtiff 4 released, and GDAL 1.9 close to release I might
just make a real push to get PROJ.4 4.9.0 out over the holidays.