[Proj] Vertical Datum Shift

Andy Wilson wilson.andrew.j at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 12:57:19 EST 2011

Hi Daniel.

I just joined the mailing list today so I don't think I can reply to
your message directly, but here goes.

You can get some useful information if you run cs2cs with debugging turned on:

PROJ_DEBUG=ON  cs2cs +proj=latlong +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84
+geoidgrids=egm96_15.gtx +to +proj=latlong +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84

It might be that that proj isn't finding your .gtx file, which needs
to be in PROJ_LIB which is likely /usr/share/proj/ or
/usr/local/share/proj/. I think the exact location is output when you
compile proj.