[Proj] How I assign Projection to shapefiles, so that they fit right on google map

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Tue Feb 22 04:15:36 EST 2011

Hello,

"SWEREF99 18 00" is EPSG:3011.
Google Map uses the CRS that EPSG calls "WGS 84 / Pseudo-Mercator", which is EPSG:3857.
So, using ogr2ogr, I think you can convert your park.shp file into a googlepark.shp
by the command

> ogr2ogr -t_srs EPSG:3857 -s_srs EPSG:3011 googlepark.shp park.shp

But I haven't tried it.
(I think you could omit the "-s_srs EPSG:3011" from the command if you
 had a park.prj file, which would tell ogr2ogr the CRS of the park.shp.
 But it seems you don't have any park.prj file.)

Sources:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html
http://www.epsg-registry.org

Regards,