[Proj] WHAT WRONG WITH PROJECTION

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 25 09:27:13 EST 2011

On 11-02-25 04:09 AM, Mustafa646 wrote:

> Thanks for replying!
>
> I have already tried with EPSG:3006, but i mentioned in the post as
> EPSG:2006 wrongly. I have tried again with EPSG:3006, but the result is
> same. i.e it streatches in width.
>
> any more suggestions?

Mustafa,

Well, "stretches in width" is not telling me much.  Features will have
different shapes in different projections.  Is there some reason to believe
what you are seeing isn't just normal for the projections in question?

You haven't given any details on the extents of the data in source or
destination so we can't even try to evaluate if you are using an appropriate
area for the region of your data.

You aren't giving enough information to get good information, and it turns
out the only actual information you gave in your first post was wrong and
led me on a wild goose chase.