[Proj] Lat/long to utm easting error

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 20:52:56 EST 2011

Adam,

What you're expecting works only on the Central Meridian (CM) and not
elsewhere due to convergence of the meridians.

Google "convergence of the meridians" for a fuller explanation.

Noel

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)