[Proj] [mapserver-users] Projection problems

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Mon Jan 10 05:15:48 EST 2011

Hello Jan,

Frank has recently done great improvements in the generation
of a preferred datum shift for each datum in the EPSG database.
This is a more cumbersome task than one might think (trust me!).

His improvements are visible in the trunk for libgeotiff,

   http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv

but are not included in the latest released version,
libgeotiff 1.3.0 from May 2010.

I expect the improvements will eventually make it to
Proj, I would guess version 4.8.0, but I don't know
when that is planned.  Nor do I know if there is
preliminary Proj/epsg file available that has been
generated from the libgeotiff trunk.

Regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta AB