[Proj] MODIS' sinusoidal to latlon

Horacio Samaniego horacio.samaniego at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:22:54 EST 2011

I am trying to figure out how I can transform some MODIS data.
Unfortunately, I have performed some operations on a set of tiles
(merge, sum, etc...) using GDAL and now have two Gtif files with yearly
EVI for South America. However, I'm not successfully putting my result
in a common projection with the rest of my dataset. MRT is only good for
hdf files.

Any suggestion on how to automate the process of moving from MODIS
sinusoidal to old plain lat/lon (wgs84)?

An little enhancement on this topic in the forums will help future
users... and any help will be greatly appreciate.

thanks in advance!

Horacio

**here's the original MODIS projection definition:

PROJCS["unnamed",
    GEOGCS["Unknown datum based upon the custom spheroid",
DATUM["Not_specified_based_on_custom_spheroid",
            SPHEROID["Custom
spheroid",6371007.181,0]],
PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],