[Proj] cs2cs returns error then 0s with datum conversion

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Wed Jan 12 18:20:26 EST 2011

Well, the first question is whether cs2cs would even be considered NADCON.  I would guess not unless NGS has a process for certifying implementations and cs2cs was certified.

Still, if cs2cs (or really, the underlying grid handling) were to support the las/los file format directly, then at least it's be a trivial matter to drop new files into an installation.  No need to mess with transforming the files.  I guess Frank already did that work for GDAL (http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/frmts/raw/loslasdataset.cpp) but it can't just be copied to PROJ.4.