[Proj] Geotrans, PCTrans and cs2cs - different angle signs?

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Tue Jan 18 02:59:39 EST 2011

Yes, the angles can be given either in "right-hand" (American) or
"left-hand" (European) convention. See the thread on:

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2010-April/005198.html

Mind that angles can be given either in (micro)degrees (PROJ) or radians
(EPSG). You can find a discussion about the conversion from EPSG numbers
to PROJ, with both sign and radians conversion in:

http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/ticket/22

with an attached spreadsheet to perform the computation for the Dutch
coordinate system (EPSG:28992)

Jan