[Proj] "Reverse" graticule for the transverse Mercator projection

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Wed Jul 27 22:19:04 EST 2011

On 07/26/11 11:14, Charles Karney wrote:
> Projections are often visualized by plotting graticules, lines of
> constant latitude or longitude, in the projected space.  With tools such
> as Google Earth that allow you to see the world in 3d, it makes sense to
> display the *reverse* graticule for the projection, that is lines of
> constant easting and northing on the 3d world.

(1) Noel Zinn suggests "grid" as a better term than "reverse graticule"
and he's right (since the grid on printed maps is made up of lines of
constant easting and northing).

(2) I've added the spherical tranverse Mercator grid to the kml file and
converted it to a kmz file, which you can get from.

   http://geographiclib.sourceforge.net/tm-grid.kmz

--
Charles Karney <charles.karney at sri.com>
SRI International, Princeton, NJ 08543-5300